Practical Legal Training Providers
Note: Funding for the Regional, Rural and Remote Practical Legal Training Project ended in December 2016. The project is no longer accepting applications. All students that applied prior to this time have been placed. NACLC is currently reviewing the program and considering options for its continuation. To read more about the Project's wind down, please click here.
In order to qualify for admission to Australian legal practice, you will need to complete a period of ‘legal practice experience’ (placement). The term can vary from 20 to 80 days and is a component of all Practical Legal Training courses.
There are PLT providers across Australia. You can attend PLT courses full time or part time. You can do courses ‘face to face’ or by distance.
Recognised PLT Providers include:
- Australian National University Legal Workshop
- Bond University Post Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice
- College of Law
- Flinders University Practical Legal Training Program
- Griffith University Legal Practice Centre
- Leo Cussen
- Queensland University of Technology Legal Practice Course
- Law Society of South Australia Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice. This program is offered with Adelaide University.
- University of Tasmania, Centre for Legal Studies
- University of Technology Sydney PLT